Welcome to the website of Nanoman's Company!
We use this website as a tool for supporting our customers. Please visit our Support page for more information.
Nanoman created this website to serve as an outlet for his musings. He still uses it as such, but on his own personal pages.
Thank you for visiting!
-- Nanoman's Company
2016-07-19 00:00:00 -04:00 by Nanoman
We've updated two of our company information pages:
- Nanoman's Company. After years of showing almost nothing, this page now includes a summary of who we are, what we do, and how we operate.
We've also added two new pages:
- Transparency Reports. We believe that our customers have a right to know about our experience with government requests for customer information. To date, we have never received any such requests, and we have no reason to suspect that we ever will. If we ever receive such a request, we will announce it on our News page.
- History of Nanoman's Company. We're often asked about our origin story, and we've told it in fragments throughout the years, but we hadn't compiled it into anything comprehensive until now. This page isn't complete, but we think it's a pretty good start.
Please note that we still aren't accepting new customers or new projects. When this changes, an announcement will be made on our News page.
2016-07-02 00:00:00 -04:00 by Nanoman
Happy B-day to my homepage!
Starting today, this website's primary objective will be to serve as a tool for supporting customers of Nanoman's Company. I'll continue to use this website for my own purposes, but I'll restrict my personal activities to my personal pages. If you're looking for me or for content that used to be accessible via my homepage, please see my Nanoman page.
Also today, I've updated this website's content management system. I'd been working on this intermittently since the 2011-03-14 update, and there are several changes worth mentioning:
- New layout. This is the most visible change to this website since 2005-07-02, and it retires the columns that I'd been using since 1999.
- Redesigned and rewrote the menu system. The previous menu was based on another person's design, and I began to dislike it almost as soon as I finished it. I put some thought into how I wanted to replace it, and I like my new design much better.
- Stopped designing pages around a minimum display resolution. This website should now be much easier to use on devices with smaller screens.
- Significantly improved the efficiency of page loading, and reduced this website's overall bandwidth requirements. I achieved this by thoroughly cleaning up almost every part of my content management system, and rewriting several parts.
- Upgraded the markup to XHTML 5.0.
- Changed the font family to "monospace". Most of my experience with computers has been spent in text-based terminals, so I typically find it easier to read monospaced fonts than proportional fonts. More importantly, with the monospaced fonts that I see most commonly, it's usually easier to distinguish between "0", "O", and "o", and between "1", "I", and "l".
- Many bugs and spelling/grammatical errors were corrected, and new ones were probably introduced.
I created some new pages too:
My work on this website isn't at all finished. I still have a huge amount of work that I plan to do, but I'll get to it in the years to come.